Saturday, January 2, 2010

Start of a new year...2010

Today has been a very cold day! When we got up the temperature was -10 degrees and this afternoon when we went to town for a little while it had went all the way up to 9 degrees...whoo hoo! And it looks like the rest of the week is going to be cold every day...so I guess I'll just have to dress warm.

I have been working on a baby afghan for a friend of mine's first grandbaby on the DecorAccents 30" ADJL Small Gauge. I am using only 1 strand and using the loom as a board loom. I am using the Caron Jumbo Prints 10 oz. yarn with the Baby Rainbow Ombre colors (which is a light pastel colors of blue, green, yellow & white). So far I only have 41 rows and it's about 9 inches long, so I have a ways to go yet. I am using the Honeycomb Knit Stitch (which is found in the Provo Craft booklet "Knitting with Knifty Knitter III" on pg. 3.) This stitch really isn't hard, but you just have to keep track of your rows to help you remember which way to do your wrapping.
Pictures of it so far...


Yesterday we celebrated a belated Christmas with my mother and mother-in-law. We had a pretty good afternoon and since we already had spent Christmas day with my mother-in-law...we just did gifts with mom. Our big surprise is what we got her from my sister & her husband and us...a fake fireplace...or rather an electric heater that looks like a fireplace. She seemed surprised and liked it, but poor hubby had to put it all together. He's here with all of the pieces and then of course with the final product, now if mom can figure out where she wants it!

Then I also gave her a prayer shawl for Christmas, which I made on the DA Prayer Shawl loom using the original prayer shawl pattern. I used Homespun yarn from Lion Brand, the color is called "Nouveau". The yarn is very soft and when it's wrapped around you I think it's nice & warm. It is 98% acrylic with 2% polyester, so it should wash good in the laundry, but I'd still put it in a large laundry back so that the yarn wouldn't catch on something and pull apart. I also gave her a heart shaped pin to use to fasten it if she wanted to.

Next time I will try and recap some of the things that have went on in 2009 and some of the looming projects that I've done. Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Happy Looming!

No comments: