Sunday, March 16, 2008

Getting a little more looming done this weekend...

This weekend I decided I really needed to start something on some of my new looms. My neighbor made me a wonderful adjustable loom with the fine gauge (1/4") and used cotter pins for my pegs. I have been looking forward to trying the fine gauge, but wondered if I'd like it because it will take longer to make something. So I decided I would try to make a dishcloth, which was on the Loomin Dishcloths group on Ravelry for February as a loom along. So here are some pictures of my work-in-progress. I am on row 52...so I'm almost done!



I want to thank Stephanie McElheran for the very pretty pattern! Plus she did a nice job with her instructions they have been fairly easy to follow. I have also found that the more rows I work, the easier the knit and purl stitch (like Isela has us do, not the e-wrap). Plus it does make a nice tighter stitch. The dishcloth called for the following materials: fine gauge loom or dishcloth rake with a minimum of 38 pegs; approx. 200 yds. 100% cotton worsted weight yarn and then of course yarn needle, scissors and a crochet hook. I used Peaches & Creme that I bought at Walmart, it has approx. 122 yds. per skein, so far I'm still on the first ball.

Well...I just wanted to share what I had done so far. Hopefully I can finish it up in the morning! I already have plans to start some other projects on some of my other looms, just trying to decide which ones to do first. Happy Looming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Jackie!!!!

--Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I love this! It looks awesome! Great job. :)