Friday, October 24, 2008

Fun day in Amish country...

Today one of my good friends took me out for a belated birthday or rather a girl's day out! We made the rounds and went to the discount grocery store and found a few bargains. Then we went to the Amish store and got a few "snacks" and I even picked up some Hickory Smoked Swiss Cheese for dh. Then we had lunch at our favorite spot and had Hot Beef Sandwiches and split a Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie...YUMMY! ;O)

Then Babette also gave me my present...it's a beautiful shawl/scarf made my Natalia. Babette's mom had got one for her and she knew I'd like one too. You can check out her website called Natalia's Knitting she lives in Brookfield now with her husband. And I lucked out, I wore black today...so the shawl went well with my top and jacket. I can't wait to see what else I can wear it with. It is mostly black and silver, but has some gold/copper and turquoise accents of color in it as well

After lunch we went to a few other shops in the area, primitives, candles & antiques. I seen alot of cute stuff...but need to change our decor before adding anything new (or rather I need to clean out and get rid of stuff).

Anyway...just wanted to tell Babette...thanks again...I just love it. Dear hubby wanted to know why I was so dress up tonight when he came home...he didn't think I needed to dress up just to stay home. ha! ha!

No comments: