Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Interesting Anniversary...

Hi all! We just celebrated our 28th Anniversary this weekend! Dear hubby called home on Saturday and decided that the moisture was just too high to combine corn after all, so he said "Get on the internet and make a reservation in the city." And so he didn't have to tell me twice...the funny thing is that Hotwire called 15 minutes later and said our motel was overbooked! And wouldn't you know it, they only had one other choice for that area and it was two star...which could be questionable. So instead we called the Hampton Inn we knew about and it was close to an Outback. But Hotwire was real nice and gave us some credit $$ to use the next time we book something with them, we've always had good luck with them so this was a surprise, but it turned out fine.

I guess I'm getting good at packing in a hurry because by the time dear hubby got home, I had showered and changed and had almost everything packed to go. Of course I had to pack my looms...just to work on awhile in the car. I did a little bit on my dishcloth "Born to Dance" that I'm test knitting for Karen...for some reason I am getting so slow on the smaller gauge looms. Then I started doing a prayer shawl the morning we left, while I waited around and of course did a little on it in the car too.

We had such a wonderful dinner Saturday night...we walked over from the hotel. Weather was nice too! We started the evening off with one of their famous "Blooming Onions" (you can't go there and not have one). And then we enjoyed a yummy seafood dinner...with Lobster tails, steak, shrimp and scallops...I wish we could eat seafood every day...and afford it! ha! ha! Oh well...anniversaries are just once a year so we need to celebrate a little special.

Then Sunday morning we just had a little coffee & tea at the hotel...thinking we might go out for breakfast. But we decided to have a early lunch instead and tried out the new restaurant at the Bass Pro. It was called "Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant" so we got to try out some more seafood for lunch. I had the Islamorada Portofino and dh had Fried Jumbo Shrimp with hand-cut chips....it was ALL so good! And the atmosphere and reggae music playing in the background was nice too.

But all too soon we needed to come back home and start combining corn again. But it went pretty good that night and since it didn't rain on Monday we got finished with that field of corn...which was the last field of corn to do. Hubby ended up moving to his next field of beans and finished the small patches around that area of the farm today. So it looks like I'll be learning how to combine beans next.

I hope you enjoyed my pictures and my "farming wife" experience...ha! ha!

No comments: