Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another day...

Just wanted to tell you, that upcoming on Loom Class (yahoo groups) they will be doing a class on Baby Bonnets, pattern by Pam Keville. It will start on 4/27...running until 5/3 and then they will also offer Baby Booties class on 4/29 until 5/3...so you can make something special for the little girl in your life, or a special gift.

This was one of the first classes that I took when I joined Loom Class...it was wonderful...fairly easy, although I'm sure I asked several questions at the time. The teachers are also nice and patient, and when they are busy...other "student's" help each
other out!Also Loom Class is working on an Afghan Project 2008...where they work on a different block, every few weeks. So far I've finished the 1st block, which was "Diagonal Ribbing Stitch", but I need to get block 2 & 3 done soon...before I get too far behind. The 2nd block is more of a basket weave stitch, called "Flowers in my Baskets Square" and the 3rd block is called a "Lattice Block"...so far they have had the patterns written out and then they also try to have it in chart form too, I've decided I like the charts.

Then I need to finish up my Aspen Baguette.....I think I'm down to knitting the last 12 rows...so hopefully it will go fairly quickly. But I think my cables look a little loose, so I need to tighten them up and then I think it would look best with a liner on the inside. So I may attempt that, or I may twist a "friends" arm that sews to make one for me! ;oD

It's another nice day today, but they are talking like it might start raining sometime later today. While I was trying to do my blog today, I watched "Hairspray" on DVD...it was pretty cute! I can't believe John Travolta played the mom. There is alot of cool music and dancing and pretty good acting too! But I would say it's more of a 'chick flick'...I really can't see hubby watching it, especially since it 'breaks' into song every so often. Oh well...I needed a little something light to watch anyway.

Well I really must get back to my looms and try to finish up some projects today. Wishing you a Happy Looming day...

No comments: