Friday, April 25, 2008

Another rainy day...

Here is the finished bonnet...front and back and side ways...
One of these days I will figure out how to move these pictures around, where I want them. Until then I guess you'll just have to bear with me. The bonnet worked up real nice, and the yarn is soft. Plus since it's cooling off again here in Missouri, maybe their little girl will get some use out of it. Brian said it is supposed to get down to the 30's tonight...brrr! In fact I guess all weekend it is going to be chilly. I guess we got spoiled, we had about three days of 60's and 70's...which I wish it would've stayed that way...especially since it's almost May!



I also got my purse (Aspen Baguette) tightened up better on the cable stitches. Isela said I probably should've used 2 strands of the yarn instead of one...for it to have been comparable to the yarn the pattern called for. Plus we both think I should've tighten the stitches while I was working the row better. But I will tighten them, and then knot them...and since I'm going to have a liner I'll just leave them loose (since it will be covered up anyway. But I didn't get a chance to go shopping in town today, so I'll have to wait and pick up some handles maybe tomorrow and maybe some material for the liner as well.

Poor hubby may have to help me again with my sewing machine. The last time I used it...the tension was way off and we had trouble adjusting it. Plus I'm no seamstress...ask anyone in my family, they'll tell you...keep Jackie away from the sewing machine! LOL ;oP

I really need to start on my other blocks for the Project Afghan 2008, that we are doing in Loom Class. So I guess I'll leave you for now.

No comments: