Thursday, April 24, 2008

Finished looming my bag today...

Well I finally finished looming the Aspen Baguette and binded it off the loom...using the basic bind off like Isela Phelps video shows. But I messed up and didn't check on my handles that I have on hand...they are the wrong kind, just handles. I need to have the D-shaped purse handles instead. So I guess I'll wait until I have a chance to go to town and get some. Until then I need to figure out exactly how to tighten up my cables...they are too loose I think. In the patterns pictures it doesn't look like you have any loose, it just looks like knitting wrapped around knitting. I guess I'll have to experiment with the crochet hook tonight and see if I can tighten them to look better.

Also it only took 1 skein of Paton Shetland Chunky Tweeds, which was 85g/3 oz (it is 72% acrylic/ 25% wool/ and 3% Viscose...approx. 123 yds.) The color I used was called Biscuit Beige (it has flecks of blue and brown in it).

Also I forgot to mention that last week when we went to the city I was able to pick up a copy of Simply Knitting (printed in England) at Barnes & Noble. So I got a free pattern counter with my magazine too. It was a little pricey, since I don't really needle knit, but it had an article about sock yarn...which I found interesting. And who knows...maybe I'll figure out how to convert a pattern or two to the loom. It cost $10 .... so I don't know if I'll buy another one, although the next one is supposed to come with a neat yarn holder (with 3 holes), it's called a Yarn Tidy Bag...supposed to help keep your yarn tangle-free. Or maybe I should re-learn to needle knit too...nah! ;o)

Appreciate any hints you might have for me with my cables. Happy Looming!
JA

No comments: